Skip to main content

Am I on diet?



Diet , The word itself scares me. Being a avid food lover, Diet has never managed to capture me. Not that I dont try diet and all that. I just have never managed to crack the code to keep it successful. I have never tried any strict diet regimes and all. Just that I try to refrain myself from a few items. These may not qualify as unhealthy as such. Just that it  has more calories and cholesterol than is counterparts. How wont think of calories when we see hot spicy samosas with chutney of different colours. Atleast I would not . 

I love street foods. I have a very sensitive stomach. Still I does not stop me from trying out the new place in town. I am not a glutton of food but like to taste and relish every bite i take. Yes my favorite movie is Ratatouile. I am now on a healthy diet regime. Thanks to my mom’s and aunt’s intervention. I have not stopped trying out new items. I have just added fruits and nuts to my diet. Sometimes In the busy schedule, we never realise the importance of food. I used to skip breakfast a lot. I actually did not it till I started suffering from serious stomach disorders. Health once lost becomes really difficult to restore. We might not look and give a second thought about the food pattern we follow. But our body does and it reacts. We take special care to spend time for our loved ones. But we forget us and just go on till the system starts to reciprocate. I would not prefer to follow strict diet regimes. A friend of mine was on liquid diet. A nutrition solution or as they call it was prescribed for breakfast and dinner. Initial weight loss can be a real motivating factor. But what we dont realise is we lose our health along with it. The cabbage juice diet is the craziest thing i have ever heard. People go to real extremes just to have the figure they want. The best diet one can follow is Eat All, Eat less. Everything within a limit is good. Fruits are something which we forget. Pizza and pasta rule the world. No, dont avoid it. It is too tasty for it. Just limit it for a day or two. It also nice to do some exercises. Stretch a little bit. Walk over and talk to a colleague instead of using the telephone. A walk with your loved one can burn calories and build bonds. My mom followed a diet of having Dabur honey and Hot water in the morning. She did it religiously for six months and it worked

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rock to Sculpture

Every person we meet creates an impact on us. The way the impact works is quite surprising. Sometimes the impact created by a stranger is more than the impact by a close friend. I always consider life as a block of coal or a big piece of rock. The journey from Coal to diamond or Rock to sculpture takes a lot of time and can also be painful. It does not happen with a single person or with a single incidence. The conversation process is continuous and can happen till our last breath. We get better and better with age and experience. I have never managed to understand when a person reaches his best. Maybe the level is unattainable. Still changes, both ups and downs happen throughout our lives. I remember an innocent hyper girl who wore sensitivity on her sleeve. The smallest spark was enough to set her on fire. She was on the extreme of emotions. The emotions can range from Happiness, sorrow, loneliness and anger. Still the emotions controlled her and stole her sleep many nights.

Hey Ocean, Here I come

If you could plan your death, how would you plan it? #PlanUrDeath  This is a very interesting thought. The thought itself is enough to chill our bones. Death is something which is beyond our control. It is the unconquered kingdom. It is something which we cannot predict nor decide. It happens in its own phase, in its own time and in its own style. Still given as a chance. It would be the most exciting and interesting event to plan.  My death will be combination of the things I love. I would try to make it as interesting as possible.  Goodbyes are very important to me. It gives a proper ending to our life. The problem with death is we never have time for good bye. The person suddenly disappears leaving a vacuum behind. This leaves the loved ones feeling lost. I will write a proper goodbye to all the important friends and enemies. Sometimes the people who make us cry are the people who has created a great impact on them. I would try to forgive the people who have hurt me. They migh

Our Lady of Snows, Tuticorin

O Mother, I am loss of words When I want to write about you Whenever I look at you You make me feel so loved Your eyes are always filled with care For me And for the whole city You hold us tight And save us night and day You create miracles in a wink You shower us with affection And guard us always O Mother Pray for us