Skip to main content

12am to 11.59pm

I rolled over in my sleep.I bumped into a warm body next to me. Warm? I woke up in a start. He pulled me closer. Sleep Jessi, He said. How did you come here? I asked him. He gave a weird look and it looked cute. God , Is this love. I pondered. Is it a dream? Even if it is a dream, I did not want to wake up in the fear of losing the warmth. I just wanted to hold on to it as long as i can. He murmured something in my ears. It was not audible. But it spoke volumes of love. I rested my head on his chest and his heart beat sang lullabies until I fell asleep. Morning came soon. Relativity theorem. I woke up with a smile. I blushed thinking about my dream. Suddenly an arm  draped me. I freaked. I need coffee he demanded. What are you doing here? I panicked. He just smiled and gave a lazy look. Questions bubbled along with the boiling milk. Karthik, Brush I shouted. Ouch I yelped as I accidentally touched the hot vessel. He was near me in an instant scolding me and caressing me at the same time. I made the coffee and offered him a cup. He slowly sipped his coffee and I drank mine. Did you brush? I asked him. The sly look again. I pushed him to freshen up . He held my hand tightly. What do like for breakfast I asked him. I am going to cook for you. He said. I raised my eyebrows in doubt. He dragged me to the kitchen. The next few minutes and some activity later. Dosa and chutney was ready. It was not tasty. But It felt good to have it with him.

We decided to watch a movie. I settled on the sofa with my laptop and phone. I had planned to catch up work. He sat in a nearby chair and he started flipping channels. It looked like a almost normal household. The minute I switched on my laptop. He grabbed it and put it on the table. 30 minutes I told him. He rested his head on my lap and stubbornly continued his flipping. This angry jaw communicated his frustration. I slowly ruffled his hair and traced my finger along his jaw. The smile slowly returned. He settled comfortably so did his choice of channel. I saw more of him more than the movie. We kept looking at each other and did not speak much. He wrapped my hands around him. I did not understand the movie nor I intend to. The company was more tempting. We can order something He said. We can cook in less than an hour I argued. The argument continued and he refused to budge. I dont want to loose the warmth he shouted. I lost. Who would want to? I smilingly handed him the phone.

We decided to do some clean up after lunch. We had a fight for every 30 minutes. It was sweet and silly though. The reconciling session was even sweeter. I was five all of a sudden. God I hate Newton.. He discovered Relativity. Lets go for a walk , I said. What about a ride He said. We settled for both. A ride to the beach and a walk along the shore. My hands lost its imprints by now and His got embedded. We just walked along talking about nothing in particular. We were the only people in the universe. Nothing else mattered or registered in our minds. We can home tired and exhausted.

We made some aloo parathas for dinner. We helped each other and it seemed natural. I stifled a yawn. It was an eventful day. He sat by me as I lay in bed still talking. I cant remember the topic. Till I spoke as he just looked at me. Suddenly a silence engulfed us. I blushed and turned around only to hug a pillow.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rock to Sculpture

Every person we meet creates an impact on us. The way the impact works is quite surprising. Sometimes the impact created by a stranger is more than the impact by a close friend. I always consider life as a block of coal or a big piece of rock. The journey from Coal to diamond or Rock to sculpture takes a lot of time and can also be painful. It does not happen with a single person or with a single incidence. The conversation process is continuous and can happen till our last breath. We get better and better with age and experience. I have never managed to understand when a person reaches his best. Maybe the level is unattainable. Still changes, both ups and downs happen throughout our lives. I remember an innocent hyper girl who wore sensitivity on her sleeve. The smallest spark was enough to set her on fire. She was on the extreme of emotions. The emotions can range from Happiness, sorrow, loneliness and anger. Still the emotions controlled her and stole her sleep many nights.

Hey Ocean, Here I come

If you could plan your death, how would you plan it? #PlanUrDeath  This is a very interesting thought. The thought itself is enough to chill our bones. Death is something which is beyond our control. It is the unconquered kingdom. It is something which we cannot predict nor decide. It happens in its own phase, in its own time and in its own style. Still given as a chance. It would be the most exciting and interesting event to plan.  My death will be combination of the things I love. I would try to make it as interesting as possible.  Goodbyes are very important to me. It gives a proper ending to our life. The problem with death is we never have time for good bye. The person suddenly disappears leaving a vacuum behind. This leaves the loved ones feeling lost. I will write a proper goodbye to all the important friends and enemies. Sometimes the people who make us cry are the people who has created a great impact on them. I would try to forgive the people who have hurt me. They migh

Our Lady of Snows, Tuticorin

O Mother, I am loss of words When I want to write about you Whenever I look at you You make me feel so loved Your eyes are always filled with care For me And for the whole city You hold us tight And save us night and day You create miracles in a wink You shower us with affection And guard us always O Mother Pray for us