Skip to main content

The Fight Within - Best friend and Biggest enemy

Who is your best friend ? Some of us would answer it in a jiffy. Some might take a little longer to decide. Sometimes it is more than one. I have always wondered who my best friend is?. I am constantly wondering about a lot of things

Who is my best friend?
Who is my biggest enemy?
What is my favorite color?
What is my favorite fruit?

The list is endless. Every time people ask me a simple question? I feel lost and disturbed. Even the toughest questions does not scare me. But simplest ones can do the trick. I always have the feeling that something is technically wrong with me.  I always try to be a normal girl.  I just get cranky and crazy at times. And I think it is a part of a normal life. I am just curious. Sometimes too curious for my own good. I have too many questions and it seems natural to me. The question which are most disturbing . Who is my best friend? and Who is my biggest enemy? .

Friends have always been a vital part of my life. They are like oxygen to me. They actually help me breathe in the times of suffocation. I have all kinds of friends, The hi - bye types, The chatty types, The flirty types and the BFF (best friends forever) types. Every one has helped me at some point or other. It is really tough to choose from them. It would not be fair on my part too.

The same equation applies to my enemies. They are equally important as my friends. They are like carbon dioxide. They actually make you clean. They help you grow up in life. They hurt you. They make you strong . They make your life worthwhile.

One fine morning, I got an enlightenment. Yes wonderful ideas just come into your mind. They are generally not a product of extensive thinking. It just pops into you. I have always wondered if God actually takes pity on us and rewards your hard work by putting it in your mind. So I got this thought and it seems true to me.

The only person who can really hurt me and heal me is me. I realised that the people and situations around me only contribute to the feeling inside me. They can create a environment to initiate a feeling. They can even aggravate the feeling. But the person who is in control of the things is me. It is  completely on me to allow it and feel it. Sometimes we are too deep in an emotion to actually understand it. Sometimes we are just in the illusion of the emotions when we actually don't feel it. Sometimes we try to fight it so much that we only get drowned in it

People hurt us. But it happens only if we allow it. The same logic applies to love also. There are things which are beyond our control. Maybe acceptance is the key. Being happy always may be difficult. But that does not mean we  have to be sad. It is ok even if we don't feel anything. I  always have the feeling that if i am not happy or sad, then something is wrong with me. I have broken the myth now. I have realised it is ok to have too many questions. I might not have the answers for everything. But it makes to search for answers and makes my life interesting. I realized it is ok to be almost normal till i am ok with it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rock to Sculpture

Every person we meet creates an impact on us. The way the impact works is quite surprising. Sometimes the impact created by a stranger is more than the impact by a close friend. I always consider life as a block of coal or a big piece of rock. The journey from Coal to diamond or Rock to sculpture takes a lot of time and can also be painful. It does not happen with a single person or with a single incidence. The conversation process is continuous and can happen till our last breath. We get better and better with age and experience. I have never managed to understand when a person reaches his best. Maybe the level is unattainable. Still changes, both ups and downs happen throughout our lives. I remember an innocent hyper girl who wore sensitivity on her sleeve. The smallest spark was enough to set her on fire. She was on the extreme of emotions. The emotions can range from Happiness, sorrow, loneliness and anger. Still the emotions controlled her and stole her sleep many nights.

Hey Ocean, Here I come

If you could plan your death, how would you plan it? #PlanUrDeath  This is a very interesting thought. The thought itself is enough to chill our bones. Death is something which is beyond our control. It is the unconquered kingdom. It is something which we cannot predict nor decide. It happens in its own phase, in its own time and in its own style. Still given as a chance. It would be the most exciting and interesting event to plan.  My death will be combination of the things I love. I would try to make it as interesting as possible.  Goodbyes are very important to me. It gives a proper ending to our life. The problem with death is we never have time for good bye. The person suddenly disappears leaving a vacuum behind. This leaves the loved ones feeling lost. I will write a proper goodbye to all the important friends and enemies. Sometimes the people who make us cry are the people who has created a great impact on them. I would try to forgive the people who have hurt me. They migh

Our Lady of Snows, Tuticorin

O Mother, I am loss of words When I want to write about you Whenever I look at you You make me feel so loved Your eyes are always filled with care For me And for the whole city You hold us tight And save us night and day You create miracles in a wink You shower us with affection And guard us always O Mother Pray for us