Skip to main content

Breathe Easy.. Live Healthy

I kept sneezing continuously. Over the counter prescriptions and Google researched self-medications did not seem to help. The sneeze somehow appeared at the wrong time, in the middle of the meeting, the lunch table and sometimes even during sleep. I loaded myself with antibiotic pills and tried combating the curse. I gave up at last and decided to visit the hospital. Time seemed to be elusive when we crave for self-indulgence break. However, battling all odds I visited a clinic recommended by a colleague. 


Courtesy - The climate chief

After examinations and a few questions, this could be due to an allergy, the doctor declared. I am a healthy and I don’t get affected by allergies, I proudly defended. How do you go to work? He asked. I go by motorcycle and I wear my protection gearI replied. Protective gear is inclusive of the shawl, helmet, gloves and driving glasses. How often do you wash the gear? He asked.  They should be properly washed and air dried every day. They can serve as a host of bacteria and allergens, he said. Allergens need not necessarily be from outside. They can also be also from inside the house, he said. The doctor prescribed me some medicines and I mentally disagreed with him. I clean my house regularly and keep the windows closed, I silently defended. 

After a tiring long day, I was greeted by my pet dog, Weenie who jumped at the sight of me. I hugged him, and he wriggled his way to the kitchen. As I filled his tray with food, I noticed the sink and sighed hard. I mentally planned the list of things to do and walked to the washing machine. The wet smell from the clothes was overpowering and I suddenly started sneezing again. I looked around and realised the impact of the doctor’s advice. My home was a victim of biological contaminants. My pet carries a host of microorganisms and bacteria. The wet clothes from the washing machines were the host to moulds and bacteria. My favourite flower pot dispersed pollen grains into the house. These were the major culprits behind my continuous sneezing problem. If left untreated, some lead to asthma and could be a catalyst of pneumonia. Google gave me a list of diseases like chicken pox and airborne influenza. 

I decided to implement a series of lifestyle modification which not only protects my health but not creates a better home. These are some of the easy tips for a home makeover

• Taking the pet regularly to the vet for vaccination and proper washing of hands after playing with them is mandatory
Courtesy - Grinning Planet
• Intelligence mode in a washing machine need not necessarily be a blessing. Planning it on an off day and sun drying of clothes immediately prevent bacterial growth
• The house needs Vitamin D. Keep windows open for its dosage of sunlight and fresh air
• Avoid smoking indoors, especially if there are children and elders
• Your air conditioner is the natural enemy of the environment clean and service your AC regularly
• Your house needs a makeover and gives it a fresh coat of Asian paints Royal atmos. They help improve air quality of the house

Simple and effective, these tops can help us breathe easy and live a healthy life. These are good for the environment as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rock to Sculpture

Every person we meet creates an impact on us. The way the impact works is quite surprising. Sometimes the impact created by a stranger is more than the impact by a close friend. I always consider life as a block of coal or a big piece of rock. The journey from Coal to diamond or Rock to sculpture takes a lot of time and can also be painful. It does not happen with a single person or with a single incidence. The conversation process is continuous and can happen till our last breath. We get better and better with age and experience. I have never managed to understand when a person reaches his best. Maybe the level is unattainable. Still changes, both ups and downs happen throughout our lives. I remember an innocent hyper girl who wore sensitivity on her sleeve. The smallest spark was enough to set her on fire. She was on the extreme of emotions. The emotions can range from Happiness, sorrow, loneliness and anger. Still the emotions controlled her and stole her sleep many nights.

Our Lady of Snows, Tuticorin

O Mother, I am loss of words When I want to write about you Whenever I look at you You make me feel so loved Your eyes are always filled with care For me And for the whole city You hold us tight And save us night and day You create miracles in a wink You shower us with affection And guard us always O Mother Pray for us

Hey Ocean, Here I come

If you could plan your death, how would you plan it? #PlanUrDeath  This is a very interesting thought. The thought itself is enough to chill our bones. Death is something which is beyond our control. It is the unconquered kingdom. It is something which we cannot predict nor decide. It happens in its own phase, in its own time and in its own style. Still given as a chance. It would be the most exciting and interesting event to plan.  My death will be combination of the things I love. I would try to make it as interesting as possible.  Goodbyes are very important to me. It gives a proper ending to our life. The problem with death is we never have time for good bye. The person suddenly disappears leaving a vacuum behind. This leaves the loved ones feeling lost. I will write a proper goodbye to all the important friends and enemies. Sometimes the people who make us cry are the people who has created a great impact on them. I would try to forgive the people who have hurt me. They migh