Skip to main content

Foot Prints on Time

Is age just a number? I wonder within myself
Or it could have been aloud
I can no longer tell
My ears are sharp, but my mind is preoccupied
I try recalling the past
But it seems like a distant memory
Everything is a blur of multiple emotions
I wish I could see through them
At least relive a few; forget many
But life does not work that way
I feel weary in my bones
I wish I could rest
But the journey is still not over
I hope it is not long as before
Almost half is what I can do
My knees tremble as I gaze behind
My eyesight dims as the distance increases
I have come a long way
Through different phases and even eras
I look at the age
Is it just a number?
Did I ask myself this before?
Is my work done?
Can I do anything else?
The questions keep adding.
Was it memorable?
It was interesting
Was I happy?
I forgot to tick the box.
Am I mature?
Only time will tell
The age might not be just a number anymore
It is a reminder to let go
It is a reminder to cherish the small things
It is a reminder to be independent
It is a reminder that nothing last
I am old, but it does not matter
I am not wise as I should be
But I have scope for improvement
I have grown to accept myself
And that is the greatest gift of all
I have learned that things might not work
But it is not the end of life
Wait, Did I just become wise?
Only time will tell

Comments