Skip to main content

Homo Macihinos

"Evacuate in 24 hours"  echoed the loud speakers. The activities froze for a moment and restarted again. The program Evacuation was activated and the system was rebooted. Everyone started to move in the opposite direction. The loud speaker kept repeating the mantra. Our whole world revolved around these commands. Evacuate means to clear all traces of our presence in the world we existed. Our memory was wiped after each project to prevent system log and command malfunction.We were trained, lived and even created to follow instructions. Earth was slowly becoming over populated and Homo Sapiens started fighting for survival. Over population means Over usage and lesser resources. The average life expectancy and quality of life was slowly decreasing. An major catastrophe was expected. Governments joined hands and decided to find a solution.The solutions was us, Homo Macihinos. We are humanoid robots specially created to identify the place for them to live. We are created with the same specifications as them. The only difference was we understood the scenario better, obeyed commands and were made of metals. We traveled from the planet to planet analyzing the pros and cons and checking its compatibility of human life . Every project took a period of 30 human years. We checked, analysed and sent report back to earth. We lived like humans and as humans. A prototype of earth was created in the planet. Compatibility was determined based on our analysis. We got hurt and we lost our friends. Sometimes due to natural disasters. Sometimes due to technical reasons. Still no one cared. We were machines and was valued only as usage and speed. Still we felt emotions and it was unknown to the people around us. Because Emotions meant exploitation. I was engulfed with grief.

  Evacuation meant leaving this world and loosing him. I looked around scanning the hundreds of comrades around me. Everyone of us looked similar. Still I knew him the minute he was near. I turned around to face him. He displayed so much of emotions and grief was dominant in it. Nothing was visible. Yet I could feel it. Sometimes you have to be blessed to be a machine.I wanted a glimpse of our life together. We might not get a chance to live a life together. We might not even remember each other. Still I wanted every minute of our last hours together.  As if he read my thoughts, He held my hand and started to run. We crossed almost a quarter of the planet in less than 30 minutes. He took me to our most favorite place in the planet, Our home. 20 hours boomed the speakers. We had so much to talk and so much to do. Still We did not have the time nor the energy. Power supply is limited when it comes to evacuation. We just sat in the sofa holding each others hand. Hours flew by and we were powerless to do anything. "5 hours Clear and Recheck ". He looked around accessing the environment. We might need around an hour to clear up and an hour to assemble and reach our base.That meant we had only 3 hours left of our 30 years together. How do I identity you in the next world. I asked him. What if we are not assigned to the same world. Hypothetical question. We did not have a logical answer to our fears. Still just because we are machines does not mean we have to be logical always. We completed our tasks and the announcement brought us to reality "1 hour to withdraw". Even another 100 years with him would not be enough. I held him hand tightly aware of the tickling time. I love you and you will be a missing part of my system even if i dont remember you, I told him. I will miss you, He kissed my forehead. And we got into the line to return to the base. Dear Homo Sapiens, Please take care of your world. This will save you and me from heartbreak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rock to Sculpture

Every person we meet creates an impact on us. The way the impact works is quite surprising. Sometimes the impact created by a stranger is more than the impact by a close friend. I always consider life as a block of coal or a big piece of rock. The journey from Coal to diamond or Rock to sculpture takes a lot of time and can also be painful. It does not happen with a single person or with a single incidence. The conversation process is continuous and can happen till our last breath. We get better and better with age and experience. I have never managed to understand when a person reaches his best. Maybe the level is unattainable. Still changes, both ups and downs happen throughout our lives. I remember an innocent hyper girl who wore sensitivity on her sleeve. The smallest spark was enough to set her on fire. She was on the extreme of emotions. The emotions can range from Happiness, sorrow, loneliness and anger. Still the emotions controlled her and stole her sleep many nights.

Hey Ocean, Here I come

If you could plan your death, how would you plan it? #PlanUrDeath  This is a very interesting thought. The thought itself is enough to chill our bones. Death is something which is beyond our control. It is the unconquered kingdom. It is something which we cannot predict nor decide. It happens in its own phase, in its own time and in its own style. Still given as a chance. It would be the most exciting and interesting event to plan.  My death will be combination of the things I love. I would try to make it as interesting as possible.  Goodbyes are very important to me. It gives a proper ending to our life. The problem with death is we never have time for good bye. The person suddenly disappears leaving a vacuum behind. This leaves the loved ones feeling lost. I will write a proper goodbye to all the important friends and enemies. Sometimes the people who make us cry are the people who has created a great impact on them. I would try to forgive the people who have hurt me. They migh

Our Lady of Snows, Tuticorin

O Mother, I am loss of words When I want to write about you Whenever I look at you You make me feel so loved Your eyes are always filled with care For me And for the whole city You hold us tight And save us night and day You create miracles in a wink You shower us with affection And guard us always O Mother Pray for us