Skip to main content

Touch

I looked in his eyes and could sense a feeling of longing. Maybe his eyes acted as a mirror of my emotions. I silently prayed to God for a miracle. I would have given anything for a life with him. But we both knew our hours were counted. And it happened. I had a vision. Maybe it was figment of imagination. Still it was too good and we could not refuse. God decided to give us another chance under one condition.We were expected to start our life from square one and wait till we reach the human phase. What if we get lost or been born as a different species , I wondered. God smiled. He continued. You both will be born in the same species and will have a connecting bond. You might not remember about your relationship, still you will have an attraction and the memory will return once you touch each other. As a symbol of my promise you will carry a mark in all your birth. We smiled and his eyes reflected my hope.

I fluttered from flower to flower looking for something. I could not understand what I was looking for. Still I roamed in places wherever my wing could take me. Butterfly someone squealed, I laughed to myself.  I had pink and black delicate wings and I grew tired easily. I was an odd one out because of my black dot. Still, I felt sad and good whenever I saw it. Sad I understood. But why good. My brains did not understand it. I felt happy and safe at a particular plant and it was not my hoarding. I noticed another butterfly hovering around my safe house. He looked different and sad. I wanted to speak to him, But it was prohibited in our clan. I thought he felt the same by the way he looked at me. On a stormy day, I held closely to a twig of a plant and hoped it would protect me. As I shivered , I saw him holding another twig of the plant. A strong wind blew me and I was pushed towards him. The moment I touched him, The memory returned and my life ended

Darkness engulfed me. Everything was warm and sticky. I tried feeling around and the shell began to crack. My mom was looking at me and my sibling. She fed me and held me close to her. I grew up in my nest and slowly learned to fly. Why cant I fly high? I often asked. Sparrows dont fly high or they will get burnt by the sun, My mom warned. I still wanted to fly high. Everything was fine until one day. We are leaving she said. When will we be back, my sister questioned. We will never return. I noticed the sadness in her eyes. Our friends and family are dying, she said. There is a heat wave attacking and killing us. With a heavy heart , we left our home and started travelling. We went as fast as our wings will take us. We halted at a place to rest when we heard someone shouting. My son, she said is stuck there. We pointed to the sparrow on th top of the huge structure. Everyone was shouting for him to come down. I suddenly started flying towards him. I dont recall what took over me. Still I am shocked and suprised to see him. He looked familar and had my lucky mark. I went close and touched his wing. The memory stuck along with the heat wave and we fell down to the earth.

When I opened my eyes, I was too bright. I tried standing and my legs were wobbly.I snuggled close to my mother and my sibling. I started running and loved my world. I played and ran as fast as my legs can take me. Dont go near the valley, my friend warned. I always had the curious streak in me and decided to explore. As I trotted to the valley, I saw green trees and the other deers grazing in it. I wanted to meet new friends and started running when I met his eyes. He grew agitated and started running wild. I was too focussed to give attention to his message. I jumped the fence and landed on the hunter's trap. He frowned and i realized my mistake. I tried jumping back and it started to move as I lost consiousness. I woke in a different place and missed my family already. He came towards me in a effort to comfort me. I saw the arrow behind him and jumped forward. As blood drained out of my boday , I saw his life drain out of his eyes.

Jessica, Wake me.. My roommate shook me. Why did u wake me, I grumbled. Same Dream? she asked.  I sighed deeply. I have a recurrent dream. The background differs. The situation remained the same. I was walking and running to reach somewhere. The location is unknown. I was trying to call out for someone. I tripped and Hit hard on someone. He held me and I gripped him for support. Memory flooded through me. I could not recall the memory. Still I had the dream over and over again.

I got ready and followed her. She wanted me to help her with her shopping and we went to my favorite mall. After a tiring day and hand full of bags, I treaded through the crowd. Oops, My shoe Laces again. I bent down to tie it again for the nth time. I looked up and lost my friend. I ran as fast I could catch her and bumped on him. He held me as my bags scattered. As I touched him, Memory flooded through us. I panicked expecting to die. But the moment froze along with us. Maybe the curse was broken or God has given us a second chance. I smiled to myself as we started walking together holding his hand firmly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rock to Sculpture

Every person we meet creates an impact on us. The way the impact works is quite surprising. Sometimes the impact created by a stranger is more than the impact by a close friend. I always consider life as a block of coal or a big piece of rock. The journey from Coal to diamond or Rock to sculpture takes a lot of time and can also be painful. It does not happen with a single person or with a single incidence. The conversation process is continuous and can happen till our last breath. We get better and better with age and experience. I have never managed to understand when a person reaches his best. Maybe the level is unattainable. Still changes, both ups and downs happen throughout our lives. I remember an innocent hyper girl who wore sensitivity on her sleeve. The smallest spark was enough to set her on fire. She was on the extreme of emotions. The emotions can range from Happiness, sorrow, loneliness and anger. Still the emotions controlled her and stole her sleep many nights.

Hey Ocean, Here I come

If you could plan your death, how would you plan it? #PlanUrDeath  This is a very interesting thought. The thought itself is enough to chill our bones. Death is something which is beyond our control. It is the unconquered kingdom. It is something which we cannot predict nor decide. It happens in its own phase, in its own time and in its own style. Still given as a chance. It would be the most exciting and interesting event to plan.  My death will be combination of the things I love. I would try to make it as interesting as possible.  Goodbyes are very important to me. It gives a proper ending to our life. The problem with death is we never have time for good bye. The person suddenly disappears leaving a vacuum behind. This leaves the loved ones feeling lost. I will write a proper goodbye to all the important friends and enemies. Sometimes the people who make us cry are the people who has created a great impact on them. I would try to forgive the people who have hurt me. They migh

Our Lady of Snows, Tuticorin

O Mother, I am loss of words When I want to write about you Whenever I look at you You make me feel so loved Your eyes are always filled with care For me And for the whole city You hold us tight And save us night and day You create miracles in a wink You shower us with affection And guard us always O Mother Pray for us